Always remembered as Steve Urkel on the Long-Running Series, "Family Matters", Jaleel White is back on the new limited series, The Parent Trip.” Jaleel takes his mom, Gaile on a once in a lifetime journey to New Mexico and the adventure is not only memorable but quite touching.
“The Parent Trip” is the North American adaptation of the International Emmy Award®-winning UK travel format series “50 Ways to Kill Your Mammy” that sees thrill-seeking celebrities take their parent or child on bucket list adventures. From zip lining across the Niagara Gorge to shark fishing in the Atlantic, viewers get a candid look at their favourite celebrities as they travel to unique destinations for experiences they have always wanted to share with their family member.
Each one-hour episode showcases a new celebrity guest, including:
* “Beverly Hills, 90210"’s Jennie Garth and her daughter, Luca Bella Facinelli – Airs Sept. 19th
* NHL All-Star MVP John Scott and his mom, Marilyn – Airs Sept. 26th
* Pop culture icon Jaleel White (“Steve Urkel”) and his mom, Gail –
Airs Oct. 3rd
* International supermodel Coco Rocha and her dad, Trevor – Airs Oct. 10th
* Academy Award-nominated actor Eric Roberts and his stepson, Keaton Simons – Airs Oct. 17th
* TV-sitcom star Keshia Knight Pulliam (“Rudy Huxtable”) and her mom, Denise - Airs Oct. 24th
* “Schitt’s Creek”’s Annie Murphy and her mom, Deb – Airs Oct. 31
* “Parenthood” star Monica Potter and her mom, Nancy Brokaw – Airs Nov. 7th
* Star of Nickelodeon’s “Big Time Rush” James Maslow and his dad, Mike –
* Comedian Jon Dore and his mom, Sharron – Airs Nov. 21st
Jaleel White has brought laughter to millions of people around the world as a multi-talented actor who has also become an emerging screenwriter. White is best known for his portrayal of Steve Urkel/Stefan Urquelle on ABC’s long-running series, “Family Matters.” The series is one of 22 shows in television history to reach 200 episodes. Last year, he played a role in the feature film, “Judy Moody and the Not So Bummer Summer,” voiced the role of Sonic the Hedgehog and wrote, produced and starred in his own webseries “Fake It ‘Til You Make It.” White currently plays recurring roles on USA Network’s cable smash, “Psych” and the Nickelodeon series, “Problem Solverz.” Coming up, he will host the new SyFy game show “Total Blackout” and will begin production on a film which he co-wrote, “Parkin’ Lot Pimpin.”
I spoke with Jaleel via satellite from Los Angeles to talk about his amazing and unforgettable experience with his mom on. The Parent Trip.